A social is a particularly Manitoba-grown concept. It’s a fundraising party, often for a wedding, charitable or community organization. Usually held at a community centre or a Legion hall, it can be known as a “Manitoba Social”, “Winnipeg Social”, “Wedding Social”, “Fundraising Social”, or just simply a “Social”.
When it is run for a wedding it is traditionally run by the wedding party, although it is sometimes run by the bride and groom. A wedding social gives people a way to include friends and relatives in the wedding when you could not invite them, and allows friends and family to support the couple financially for their new life together. – socialsguide.com
How many have you planned before? We offer some insight into this process.
- Would you want an experienced DJ/MC/Event Organizer to help you out?
- Would you believe that scheduling out your event helps keep everyone ‘in the know’? Things like who is watching the door, when/who is doing the 50/50 draws, when the food is scheduled to come out and when the prizes are going to be drawn and displayed are only a few things that can be organized ahead of time.
- Would you like your turnout to be the best possible? Theming your Social can bring excitement the moment people hear about your event!
– Destination: Beach / Hawaiian,
– Generation: 50s (Socs vs Greasers), 60s (Hippies), 70s (Disco), 80s (Hair Bands), 90s (Neon Spandex)
– Holiday: New Years, Canada Day, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Halloween
– Sports: Hockey, Football, Soccer
- What about games?
– Poker Turnaments for Prizes (no cash tables)
– Mario Cart or other Video Games on the big screen! (I have a projector and a 75″ Screen)
– BEER PONG!
- Would you like your invitations to be more enticing? We offer professionally generated and print ready flyers. We can also print out numbered, personalized tickets.